Get started with a 2-week ArcGIS Cloud Architecture Design and Readiness Assessment
Our 2-week Architecture Design assessment sets the foundation for your organization to implement ArcGIS operational requirements in Microsoft Azure, AWS, ArcGIS Online, or on-premise hybrid architectures.
Our process is designed to help customers accelerate and de-risk ArcGIS cloud adoption.
The first step in deploying ArcGIS Enterprise with Microsoft Azure/AWS is to assess your cloud readiness and plan your system architecture. This includes Azure/AWS resources and ArcGIS software components and the connections between them. It also includes human components: the people who will work on your system, the access they will receive, and the accepted practices they will follow.
Operating a Web GIS system often involves serving multiple groups of stakeholders and their various requirements, working with cloud and resource limitations, and safeguarding content and identity security from threats. Because of this complexity, it is important that all known and relevant aspects be considered in the design.
ArcGIS Managed Cloud Services Architecture Design Assessment: Cost and Timeline
Cost – $5,000 (Estimated)
Fixed Timeline – Delivered within 2 weeks of start of engagement
ArcGIS Managed Cloud Services Architecture Design Assessment: Deliverable
Deliverable: ArcGIS Cloud Architecture Design and Readiness Assessment Documents.
The 2-Week Assessment will include and/or consider:
- Identify the business goals, outputs, and processes
- Define the relevant use cases, epics, user stories
- Gather non-functional requirements and service level agreements
- Map the relevant business requirements to the technology
- Design the conceptual architecture
- Design the business user needs architecture
- Design the application architecture
- Identify cloud provider such as AWS, Azure, or ArcGIS Online
- Identify deployment patterns for ArcGIS Enterprise
- Design the data architecture
- Design the approach to security
- Design the network architecture
- Design the platform architecture
- Design the storage, backup and security configuration
- Design integration and interoperability
- Determine capacity planning and performance requirement
- Migration Readiness Assessment
- Build a phase/mitigation plan
- Consider environment isolation, DevOps, load balancing, content delivery, workload separation
- ArcGIS Server roles and extensions including Image, GeoAnalytics, GeoEvent, Business Analyst, and Notebook server.
- Azure/AWS Monthly Consumption Estimate
- Estimated Azure/AWS usage and monthly consumption estimate
- Assessment for Proof of Concept (POC) pilot whereby current on-premise architecture is deployed to cloud to compare/contrast
- Scope of Work for Professional Services
- Software application and RDBMS design
- Software development and programming
ArcGIS Managed Cloud Services Architecture Design Assessment: 2-Week Agenda
Week One Agenda
- Meet to determine primary design requirements
- Agreement on requirements
- Start on preliminary design
- Review/feedback on preliminary design requirements
- Agreement on preliminary design requirements
Week Two Agenda
- Start final design
- Review/feedback on final design
- Meeting to present final design
ArcGIS Cloud Certified Professionals
GCS’s team is comprised of certified ArcGIS and cloud professionals who are solution architects, system integrators, native cloud developers, data scientists, and professional project managers.
To learn more, contact us to speak to a certified ArcGIS Cloud Expert.