What you’ll do
The GCS Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams.
The goals are to:
- Achieve a high level of performance and quality, and
- Deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to customers
The APM will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that will service multiple customers from various business verticals.
GCS APMs are professional and customer facing.
This is position will be junior, mid, or senior level. We are looking for the right fit.
|Project Planning and Management||Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects|
|Team Management||Assist in team development, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members|
|Product Owner Support||Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance|
|Process Management and Improvement||Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management|
|Team Building||Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team|
What we’re looking for
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 2-7 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Experience with technical writing.
- Experience with Jira Software.
- Experience with SalesForce, LinkedIn, CRM/ERP (i.e. Oracle NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics), Esri
- PMI-ACP, PMP, CSM, SCRUM/KANBAN, or equivalent preferred
What’s in it for you
Phenomenal benefits, awesome competitive pay, unparalleled company culture. Ask us!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Position is located in the hip strip in Missoula, Montana. This is not a fully remote position so we politely ask not to apply if you do not plan on working in our Missoula, Montana hip strip office.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
GCS is a Geospatial Information Technology Services Company delivering award-winning solutions.
Our team of geospatial IT and cloud certified professionals help organizations unlock and enable GIS technology. With over 200 years of combined technical expertise, GCS converts your ideas into reality through customer-driven, innovative applications. GCS customers gain strategic value through increased productivity, efficiency and profitability, optimizing mission-critical business processes.