What you’ll do
GIS Analysts are tech-savvy and have a wide skillset. To be a GIS Analyst, one should have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think on one’s feet and multitask.
A GIS Analyst might focus on mapmaking, spatial analysis, or supporting software development. Primary duties include using mapping software to analyze spatial data, design digital maps, and administer web GIS systems. GIS Analysts work directly with customers.
What we’re looking for
GCS needs a GIS Analyst to perform advanced GIS desktop and web GIS tasks. We need someone willing to stay current and learn new technologies. We need someone who will work towards and gain professional certifications in ArcGIS software.
- Willing and able to work from our Headquarters in Missoula, Montana. Local candidates have priority in our hiring process.
- An accredited degree or certification in GIS or closely-related technical discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience using the Esri ArcGIS
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and productively with limited supervision
- Exemplary standards of honor, ethics, quality, communication, and productivity
- ArcGIS Online expertise including creating GIS data, authoring web maps, and administrating ArcGIS Online organizations.
- ArcGIS Online certification or wiliness to become certified in the first six months of hiring.
- ArcGIS Pro.
- ArcGIS mobile apps including Survey123, Field Maps App, Workforce.
- Demonstrable competency in basic scripting related to typical GIS functions
- Esri certifications – desktop, ArcGIS Online, etc.
- Bonus: experience with business software CRM/ERP (i.e. Oracle NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics)
What’s in it for you
Phenomenal benefits, awesome competitive pay, unparalleled company culture. Ask us!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Position is located in the hip strip in Missoula, Montana. This is not a fully remote position so we politely ask not to apply if you do not plan on working in our Missoula, Montana hip strip office.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
GCS is a Geospatial Information Technology Services Company delivering award-winning solutions.
GCS has been an Esri business partner for 20 years!
Our team of geospatial IT and cloud certified professionals help organizations unlock and enable GIS technology. With over 200 years of combined technical expertise, GCS converts your ideas into reality through customer-driven, innovative applications. GCS customers gain strategic value through increased productivity, efficiency and profitability, optimizing mission-critical business processes.